søndag 2. september 2012

Live & Love Craft Sunday Inpiration- Recycling!

Good morning crafters.

Today was my turn to make a recycled project for the Live & Love Craft inspiration and challengeblog. Mine is the last of our recycling inspiration projects this week, so pop over to the LLC-blog to see what the rest of the DT have displayed during the week.

I used an old hair- color packaging to make a piggy bank. I thought it would be a fun gift for a friend who always says she wants to go to Paris, but it's never a priority... I hope this will give her an excuse to put some change aside, so who knows.. maby she will see Paris sooner than later:)


This is what I used as a base for my little piggy bank, 
some leftovers from me trying to cover up my grey hairs.. lol.


It looks much better now, don't you think:

I used Pion Papers, this one is the Blue Pansy 6x6 from the For Mother Collection. On the front I stamped two swirls with my Prima stamps, added a diecut with a coin-hole and painted it all with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint, Picket Fence. Then I distressed the corners with Vintage Photo distress inks. The blue roses are from Wild Orchid Flowers.

Here is what it looks like from the top:
 I glued the gorgeous Alençon lace around the box as a base. On the top I added cheese cloth, some corrugated cardboard, and a tag I made from Pion Desingn paper. The flowers are a Gardenia flower and Roses With Glass Pearls  from Kort og Godt. I also used some pearl string. The punch I've used is from Martha Stewart. The tag with the Eiffel Tower is form Sagene Vintage Design.The little white berries are also from Kort og Godt.

 Here is another one of the gorgeous Kort og Godt flowers, and a Vintage Pearl Pin from Maya Road.


Here's the other side of the box. The tag is Tim Holtz, the charms are from my stash.

I hope we inspired you to use what you have around the house to CREATE!

I would like to enter my box into the Stamp Artic September challenge: Tag. (I've used 2 tags on the top of the box and one on the side) 
Papirdokkene: #34 Ferden videre (den går til Paris...)
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,

22 kommentarer:

Veronique sa...

For en herlig eske du har laget ♥

Klem

Jacqui's little piece of England sa...

What a super idea Elizabeth

jacqui x

Nina Kristin Espeland sa...

Eg og har prøvd å laga ei slik!! Du er nok nokon hakk flinkere enn meg!! Eg blir nok bedre av å sjå kor du gjer det og av å lære litt av flinke deg :) :) Ha ein fin søndag! :)

Ann-Marie sa...

What a fab idea and it looks so beautiful. Love all the Paris themed embellies. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Rita sa...

Kjempe flott :) Nydelig pyntet og nydelige farger :) tenker hun blir glad for denne flotte gaven :) Klem Rita

Linda sa...

Digger gjenbruk! Denne var rålekker, flott pyntet :)

Takk for at du scrapper med Papirdokkene

Anne sa...

Så nydelig sparebøsse :)
Lekkert med dies og flotte papirer, nydelige farger og blomster.
Flott gave! :)

Klem, Anne.

DOROTHY MADEREEL sa...

What a great idea this penny big and I hope your friend can collect a lot of money in it. This is so beautiful, that she must put money in it, every time she looks to it.

big hugs Dorothy

Janne sa...

Så flott denne var! Mange fine detaljer;)
Klem,Janne

Askepott sa...

Så kreativ du er. Dette ble kjempelekkert! :-)

Nina Kristin Espeland sa...

Btw, takk for fin tilbakemelding! Det vil være en ære om du vil bruke min idé :)) Gleder meg til å sjå! :))
Klem

Magda sa...

Hello Elizabeth,
I just got back sunday evening from holidays.
I see you made some beautiful creations!
You are very creative !!
And your colorings soooo beautiful!!
Thank you for showing my card so beautifully!
Can you give me an other word or explanation for"trim" please. Thank you !
Have a great week
Lovely regards
Magda

Sol sa...

Ah.. This is Gorgeous... Stunning Decorations... Beautiful Vintage and Gorgeous Details... Beautiful put together.. :o)

Susy sa...

Så otroligt snyggt denna lilla låda blev!
Underbart vacker!

KRAM SUSY

Maria Therese sa...

Nydelig eske ♥♥

Kirsty sa...

Hi Wow who could believe that was from a hair dye box !!! I had a gret hair in my eyebrow last week and that was whipped out in a flash lol ! I love the theme and those beautiful papers with the lace ;0) Must get these berries too !!

Magda sa...

Dear Elizabeth, thank you very much for the lovely comment on my card and for the explanation about trim!
Have a good night!
Lovely regards
Magda

Teresa sa...

Stunning work Elizabeth.
I've just come here from Scraps of Elegance Blog hop and noticed your name on the Flourish with bling blog, congrats hun.
Teresa x

Gry-Heidi sa...

Åh, denne var lekker !! Nydelig pyntet !
Takk for at du deltar hos Papirdokkene :)

Klem, Gry-Heidi

Unknown sa...

Fabulous Elizabeth what a stunning project well done Hugs Elaine those pion papers are fantastic Hugs Elaine

Minna sa...

This is absolutely beautiful. So many wonderful details and I really love the Eiffel tower image:) Thanks for joining us at StampARTic challenge.

Chris_P sa...

Wow this is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at StampARTic!