onsdag 9. oktober 2013

DT Midweek Magnolias- Song inspiration


If you are looking for the winner of the Copic Marker Norge blog hop, please scroll down.

***

Good morning peeps,
Hope you are well. Fall is here and the mornings are cold and grey...brr... Summer feels so far away. On my way to work I usually listen to the radio, and last week I heard the song "Summertime" by George Gershwin, and my thoughts went back to the lazy days of this summer.

We want you to be inspired by a song (- not a birthday song) over at the Midweek Magnolias this time.
 I usually listen to music or radio when I color and make my cards, so this week's challenge was perfect for me.

I altered an old picture frame. I painted it a few times with gesso and white paints, then I decorated it with flowers and two of the cute Tilda's from the summer kit. I put in one of my favorite pictures of my daughter from this summer. It was taken on midsummer night, we had an evening picnic with our neighbors, with a bonfire and live music, and we had lots of fun making her a  flower wreath... Oh I do miss summer...lol.


All flowers are by WOC and the butterflies are made with a small punch I bought ages ago.

I colored the images with distress ink markers. And here's a closeup of my beautiful 7 year old :)

Please stop by the Midweek Magnolias to see the gorgeous creations of the rest of the DT and find out the details on how to join in.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, 
wishing you a wonderful wednesday! 

Crafty hugs, 
 
  Follow on Bloglovin

11 kommentarer:

JenniferD sa...

This is just Adorable!Such a Great Idea. Your Daughter is just Beautiful and such a Happy photo of her!

Unknown sa...

oh this frame is so sweet Elizabeth! Love both Tilda image, your daughter is so happy and cute with flowers on her head.
Jasmina

Unknown sa...

oh this frame is so sweet Elizabeth! Love both Tilda image, your daughter is so happy and cute with flowers on her head.
Jasmina

Donna sa...

This is a gorgeous frame Elizebeth.
The images are so beautifully coloured and your daughter looks so pretty with the flowers on her head.

Crafty hugs
Donna x

Kjersti sa...

Ei herlig ramme og ei herlig jente!
Ha en fin kveld!
Klem fra Kjersti:)

Magda sa...

This is so lovely and beautiful Elizabeth!
I can see why it 's one of your favorite pictures of your daughter, so sweet and gorgeous!!!!
She's a real beauty!!
Lovely regards,
Magda

Jill sa...

Utrolig vakker bilderamme, men det vakreste er den flotte jenta di i midten. For et herlig bilde!
jeg savner også sommeren, synes det er så stusselig og mørkt når jeg kjører til jobb på kveldene, kaldt og rått. men men, jeg nyter å lage julekort da! Storkoser meg om dagen :)
ha en fin ukeslutt vennen
klemmer

Veronique sa...

Nydelig rammet :)

Datteren din er så skjønn ♥

Klem!

Fabiana Strehlow sa...

Que amor!!!

Unknown sa...

Samma här; jag saknar också sommaren, den bästa årstiden av dem alla! Vilken jättefin bild av din dotter, och rolig idé. Som vanligt smakfullt dekorerat. Hoppas du har det bra. Kram, Sandra

Sissel sa...

Nydelig pyntet ramme og nydelig jente.
Klem Sissel