torsdag 4. juli 2013

Joy Fold Card for a birthday

Good morning friends and followers,

Are you enjoying some lazy summer days? I am a few days in to my summer holiday and I'm loving every minute of it! The weather is shifting- but I don't mind. Rainy days are crafting days- so I'm enjoying them too...lol. 

I wanted to show you a card I made for the june edition of Ett Trykk Magazine.

 I used Pion Design Alma's Sewing Room papers- Blue Room 6x6 for this card. The punch used around the edges of the cardstock is by Martha Steward. The beautiful medallion is from the Live & Love Craft Store.

The stamp is Tilda with big tulips by Magnolia. I colored her with distress ink pads and markers. 
The sentiment means "happy birthday" and is by  Norsk Stempelblad AS.

Flowers are WOC, the charms are from my stash, the swirls are cut out from a heart swirl die by Memorybox. 

This is a custom order for a good friend of mine, she wanted to give a card for her friend's 40th birthday. Her friend loves the Norwegian poet Kolbjørn Falkeide, so she gave me one of his beautiful poems about friendship to put inside the card. The swirl stamp is by Stempelglede.

You can find the tutorial in THIS youtube video from Splitcoast stampers. I adjusted the size to make it bigger and to match the punch size.

Hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, enjoy your summer days!

Crafty hugs,
 
  Follow on Bloglovin

9 kommentarer:

Jacqui's little piece of England sa...

Just gorgeous Elizabeth xx

Christina C. sa...

A spectacular creation, Elizabeth! I saw it on FB....had to see it closer on your blog! Love the card style, your amazing coloring and the design is fabulous...beautiful MS border!!!

Sharon sa...

This is beautiful Elizabeth. I love the image and the design is gorgeous.
Hugs Sharon x

Dianne sa...

Wow Elizabeth, this is certainly a magazine worthy card. Its just gorgeous,the punch look fabulous on the card,9 fantastic layers,lovely embellishments,love the swirl behind those pretty flowers, now your image,WOW colored to perfection. I think I start out all my comments with WOW, you wow me every time, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Also it's nice to hear someone likes the rain:O(..

Crafteezee sa...

Beautiful Elizabeth. You are like me, the rainy days always have a use.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs Tracy x

JenniferD sa...

Love your Beautiful Card! Looove the Design and all those pretty flowers!

Donna sa...

Wow! I love the shape you have created for this joy fold card.
The layout is lovely with such pretty detail and I love the arrangement of flowers with the gorgeous die and charms.
Beautiful.

Crafty hugs
Donna x

Alexandra♥ sa...

Very original work and a beautiful card!

Lene sa...

Dette er et veldig vakkert kort. Liker veldig godt både fargekombinasjonen og layouten. Du maler utrolig flott med distress. Ha en fortsatt god sommer. Klem, Lene